Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent cisco cme caller-id

Hi,

i`m using a cisco call manager express with about 40 users using cisco ip phones 7931,7940....etc

when outside call ( eg.from my mobile or pstn) dial into the company and the 333(receptionist) phone rings - it is written from unknown number even after i add the command caller-id enable.

when i plugged the phone cable into a digital phone directly and make a call to this phone it works- caller-id has been showed.

how can i make the caller-id the outside caller appear on the cisco ip phone??

thanks

6 Replies 6

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mohammed

CME generally displays CLID by default.

What interface are you using to connect to the PSTN? Is it ISDN?

Barry

thanks for replay

pstn lines are directly connected to the fxo port..

and i do under the voice-port 0/0/0 caller-id enable

when i call this pstn line the ip phone rings and it shows from unknown no.

thanks

Hi Mohammed,

This maybe set by the Telco/Mobile Carrier that your using to dial into the line,   Can you check and ensure your Mobile Phone delivers caller id to other phone services (i.e. your home phone)

Regards,

Justin

Hi

The provider may be providing caller id after couple of rings. When you enable caller-id, there are few options available. Try those.

By default, CME will expect the caller id after 1 ring. Also, make sure you configure "no battery-reversal" on the port. Some times, this causes the call to initiate again.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

- abu

Hi and thanks for replay.

it works after i change the cptone configuration under the voice port to a country beside my country as my country is not listed unser cptone ?

regards

Try some country that you know to use the same tones as yours.