Views
Helpful
Replies

UserId field for extension mobility user only accepting numbers

azeez.raheem1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, can you please advice on the fix or possible T-shoot steps

Problem

UserId field on cisco IP phone only seems to recognize numbers when extension mobility user tries to login.

CUCM version 10.05

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

many thanks,

Azeez

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ciscoceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

you would to access to: "Service Parameter Configuration" select the extension mobility service and

check if "Alphanumeric User ID Required Field" = TRUE

regards Anna.

View solution in original post

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alphanumeric User ID: This parameter specifies whether the user ID to be used is alphanumeric or numeric. Valid values specify True (user ID is alphanumeric) or False (user ID is numeric).

This is a required field.
Default:  True

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

ciscoceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

you would to access to: "Service Parameter Configuration" select the extension mobility service and

check if "Alphanumeric User ID Required Field" = TRUE

regards Anna.

Thank you so..so much Anna. You were spot on

Hello Experts!

A twist for IMP experts.  I am searching high and low for an answer to this question but yet still not successfully with GOOGLE.

I am trying to find a field as USERid for extension mobility.  The IP phone field would be nice or the Telephone number field in Active Directory would be nice.

First off, we turned of apha-numeric as login.  Imagine trying to log into phone with a very long first or last name!

We ended up putting service parameter to false.  (using numeric only).

I don't know how others are logging into EM, but in my testing I have to create a separate Active Directory User account to accommodate EM.  I used numbers for the userid in Active Directory and then import that to Call Manager.  Question, is it possible to use just ONE AD account and use a different field to login into EM?

No, there is no way to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

OK. Thanks for answer. So the next question is, beside going with a 3rd vendor solution for single login, does Call Manager have some kind of hack configuration for that. (when user log into their pc with their Active Directory account, it also somehow log into EM?

I also assumed that its typical many organizations are using their AD account to log into EM?

No, there is no hack to do that, you need a 3rd party solution

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Awesome! thanks again for your reply.

For what it's worth, this is now possible in CUCM 12.5

To configure more sign-in options, append the loginType parameter to the Service URL, in the following formats:

• loginType=DN enables users to sign in using Primary Extension and PIN.
  The Service URL format is:http://<IP Address>:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&loginType=DN.

Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1SU1/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco1251SU1/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco1251SU1_chapter_011101.html#CUCM_TK_A6D35FA2_00

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alphanumeric User ID: This parameter specifies whether the user ID to be used is alphanumeric or numeric. Valid values specify True (user ID is alphanumeric) or False (user ID is numeric).

This is a required field.
Default:  True

Regards

Deepak

Spot on Deepak, many many thanks.