Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CVP on Cisco Prime Assurance 10.5

joao.maluf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I'm trying to add CVP 8.5 to be monitored by Cisco Prime Collab. Assurance 10.5, and after added the IP and SNMP RO, it shows that the SNMP credentials does not match.

Is everyone else getting this issue on this new version?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

i have never worked on Cisco Prime but yes CVP supports snmp monitoring.

did you configure snmp community string and notification destination in CVP ops console and apply it to all the CVP devices.

in addition, configure snmp for windows also, it will be disabled but required for snmp to work.

regards

Chintan

Mark Knepper
Level 1
Level 1

I have two instances of CVP -- one in Production and another in TEST.  The Production one I have had working with CUOM via SNMP for a while. In testing Prime I was setting up the TEST environment and found I couldn't add the SNMP string to any devices as non were listed in OAMP, but I was able to copy the SNMPD file (it actually is SNMPD.conf but Windows assumes that it is of type "Speed Dial" and hides the extension -- even if you have show extensions turned on in Windows Explorer) from my working Production environment to TEST and it worked.

However, I now am stuck at failing the HTTP authentication -- is this the CVP OAMP user? Local Windows account?

Thanks,

Mark