cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

are there compatibility issues between Unity Connection 8.5.1 and IE 11

sbeaveritt
Level 1
Level 1

Just recently installed IE 11 and now when I log in to Unity and try to use one of the drop downs, like "edit" to edit a greeting or password or whatever it doesn't drop anything down. Can't get to any of the "edit" menu items. Do I have to drop back if I want to continue using internet explorer?                  

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Scott,

I didn't see any specific bugs related to IE11 but it is not

on the supported browser list for CUC 8.x so you may be out of luck;

Software Requirements—Administrator Workstations

Revised June 19, 2013

To  access web applications on the Cisco Unity Connection server, the  operating system and web browser must be compatible with the version of  Unity Connection that you are installing. Table 1 lists supported operating-system and browser combinations.

Table 1     Supported Operating Systems and Browsers on Administrator Workstations for Cisco Unity Connection 8.x 

Operating System
on Administrator Workstation
Browser on Administrator Workstation

Microsoft Windows Vista

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and 7.0

Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and 2.0

Microsoft Windows Server 2003

Microsoft Windows XP

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and 6.0 (plus SP1)

Mac OS X 10.4 and later

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Microsoft Windows 7

(32 and 64 bit)

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, 9.0(1) and 10.0

Mozilla Firefox 3.6, 10

Microsoft Windows 81
(32-bit and 64-bit)

Standard

Professional

Enterprise

Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0

Mozilla Firefox 17

1 Windows 8 in the Desktop Mode.

Note Cisco Unity  Connection Web Interface drop down menus: Cisco Unity Connection  Administration(CUCA) and Cisco Personal Communications Assistant(CPCA)  are not supported for Google Chrome.

Table 2 lists software required for correct browser configuration.

Table 2     Software Required for Correct Browser Configuration on Administrator Workstations for Cisco Unity Connection 8.x 

Browser
Required Software

Firefox

The following software, depending on the operating system:

With Mac OS X:

Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) Runtime Environment 6 (1.6.x).

Java Embedding Plugin for Mac OS X version 0.9.5 or later.1

With Linux:

ALSA driver version 1.0.9 or later

Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) Runtime Environment 6 (1.6.x) .

With Windows, Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) Runtime Environment 6 (1.6.x)

Internet Explorer

Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) Runtime Environment 6 (1.6.x)

1 The Java Embedding Plug-in for Mac OS X is bundled with Firefox versions 1.5.0.1 and later.

Note Cisco Unity  Connection Web Interface drop down menus: Cisco Unity Connection  Administration(CUCA) and Cisco Personal Communications Assistant(CPCA)  are not supported for Google Chrome.

From;

System Requirements for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/requirements/8xcucsysreqs.html#wp512623

Cheers!

Rob

"When it comes to luck you make your own  " 

- Springsteen

toddstowell
Level 1
Level 1

I still have this problem but in Chrome. I cannot even load Cisco Unity Connection v9.1.1.2 in IE or Firefox.

IE11 and Firefox block them because older versions of UC Apps use a vulnerable encryption algorithm when generating their self-signed carts. In Firefox you can type about:config in the browser and after proceeding search for RSA. There are 2 items you're looking and I think the have "ssl3.dhe" in them, by default they are set too true, change them to false and it will work. I have never gotten IE11 to work, though I use Firefox by default.

in regards to chrome, put the page in compatibility mode

That is exactly what I ended up doing, after I did some research. I have to user Firefox. I still could not get Chrome to work. Thank you for the feedback.