Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Group configuration

Rosa Ladeira
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unified CM Administration -  System version: 7.1.5.10000-12

Cluster has 2 CUCMs: CM voip1 and CM voip2.

CM voip1 is the publisher and CM voip2 is the subscriber.

2-CUCM.png

When adding a new group, just one CUCM (CM voip1) is shown available for selection on dropbox "Available Cisco Unified Communications Manager".

Group-Creation.png

I want two options for Cisco 2811.

What I must configure to have both CUCMs on the dropbox?

Thanks

Rosa

11 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rosa,

Most likely CUCM Service is not started on the other server.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the Call Manager service activated and running on the second server?

Hailey

You have to check your services on ou publisher and subscriber , or you can use ssh and login to your publisher and check if the replication is o between your pubisher and subscriber. Restart services 

This means you most likely do not have sufficient node licenses.  If you look at the License Unit Report, you can see how many nodes you have used/consumed.  Each server that runs CCM requires a node license.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

You do not upload license to the sub. Are you running version 7 or something newer? Your feature license is only for version 7.

Chris

You have 2 node licenses installed already so that wouldn't seem to be the issue.  On the same track as Chris, is this a new cluster or has it been recently upgraded?

Hailey

SO, are you good now?

What version of CUCM are you running?

Chris

Rosa,

Based on your output from the license unit report, at least one license was already loaded on the server as you have DLU, Node License, and SW license and they are all status of "Uploaded".  What is the contents of the second license file that you have?  Were you able to check the replication status for the cluster?

Hailey

Try this as well - restart the License Manager service on VOIP1 (Publisher).

Sounds like a number of variables here adding up to a headache.  Disk/firmware errors were not uncommon on certain server models in 7.1(x).  If you post search for the error you received, you may well find it in the forums and/or the Cisco bug toolkit.  If this a new install, I would recommend that you consider a fresh start, replan the install, and maybe upgrade to a more recent version like 8.6 or even 9.1 at this point.  Of course, there are other considerations in that as well but might not be a bad idea.

Good luck!

Major version upgrades require current UCSS support and feature licensing so no, you cannot simply reuse those licenses to upgrade to a new version. You would also need a new license if you change hardware on the Publisher.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

26 Replies 26

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rosa,

Most likely CUCM Service is not started on the other server.

HTH,

Chris

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the Call Manager service activated and running on the second server?

Hailey

You have to check your services on ou publisher and subscriber , or you can use ssh and login to your publisher and check if the replication is o between your pubisher and subscriber. Restart services 

After ordering for staring the services on subscriber I have gotten this messages

Status
Update Failed for the Service(s): Cisco  CallManager Request unsuccessful to license manager(Please check the  Licensing logs for further details)

License File Information
Note:   Cisco Unified Communications Manager service should be restarted after uploading software version license file.
Warning:  Upload of license file for a feature removes the Demo licenses for that feature.
License files may only be uploaded to the publisher.  Please connect to the publisher and try uploading the license file there.

This means you most likely do not have sufficient node licenses.  If you look at the License Unit Report, you can see how many nodes you have used/consumed.  Each server that runs CCM requires a node license.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Fortunately I have 2 licenses. Just vopi1 server uploaded. I have to force vopi2 upload, I guess ....

License Unit Report

License Unit Distribution
Phone License Feature
License Server Units Authorized Units Used Units Remaining Units Pending Status
voip13332433280Uploaded
Total Units for Feature3332433280
CCM Node License Feature
License Server Units Authorized Units Used Units Remaining Status
voip1211Uploaded
Total Units for Feature211
Software License Version
License Server SW Version Status
voip17.0Uploaded
force vopi2 up

You do not upload license to the sub. Are you running version 7 or something newer? Your feature license is only for version 7.

Chris

You have 2 node licenses installed already so that wouldn't seem to be the issue.  On the same track as Chris, is this a new cluster or has it been recently upgraded?

Hailey

I stared working on this project a few days ago.

A colleague was working on it but he does not remember if he had uploaded the licenses.

Reports says no.

Those servers are new.

Configuration was started and stoped.

SO, are you good now?

What version of CUCM are you running?

Chris

Not so sure !

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 7.1.5.10000-12

I have been starting services on voip2 one per time and got above

Cisco CallManager Cannot connect to License Manager

but using CLI

:~$ ssh -l admin voip2

admin@voip2's password:

Last login: Fri Feb  8 18:45:53 2013 from morgana.impa.br

Command Line Interface is starting up, please wait ...

Welcome to the Platform Command Line Interface

admin:utils network ping voip1

PING voip1.impa.br (147.65.21.110) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from voip1.impa.br (147.65.21.110): icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.162 ms

64 bytes from voip1.impa.br (147.65.21.110): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.178 ms

64 bytes from voip1.impa.br (147.65.21.110): icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.166 ms

64 bytes from voip1.impa.br (147.65.21.110): icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.155 ms

--- voip1.impa.br ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3003ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.155/0.165/0.178/0.012 ms, pipe 2

admin:utils diagnose module network

Log file: platform/log/diag1.log

Starting diagnostic test(s)

===========================

Module: network  not found

Diagnostics Completed

admin:

Any idea ?

I am trying to follow these instruction from:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 7.0(1)

License File Upload

Step 1 Choose System > Licensing > License File Upload.

The License File Upload window displays.

Step 2 The Existing License Files drop-down list box displays the license files that are already uploaded to the server.

Note To view the file content of any existing files, choose the file from the drop-down list box and click View File.

Step 3 To choose a new license file to upload, click Upload License File.

The Upload File pop-up window displays.

Step 4 To upload to the server, click Browse to choose a license file.

Note The  format of the license file that you receive specifies  CCM.lic. If you retain the .lic extension, you can  rename the license file. You cannot use the license if you edit the  contents of the file in any way.

Step 5 Click Upload.

After the upload process is complete, the Upload Result file displays.

Step 6 Click Close.

Step 7 In  the License File Upload window, the status of the uploaded file  displays. In Cisco Unified Serviceability, restart the Cisco CallManager  service.

But I am not able to.

Cisco License ManagerRunningFri Feb  8 17:04:13 20130 days 00:30:15

I am getting this message:

Note:   Cisco Unified Communications Manager service should be restarted after uploading software version license file.

from Tools -> Service Activation

Update Failed for the Service(s): Cisco  CallManager Request unsuccessful to license manager(Please check the  Licensing logs for further details)

Rosa,

Based on your output from the license unit report, at least one license was already loaded on the server as you have DLU, Node License, and SW license and they are all status of "Uploaded".  What is the contents of the second license file that you have?  Were you able to check the replication status for the cluster?

Hailey

Try this as well - restart the License Manager service on VOIP1 (Publisher).