Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-c cannot connect to IMP

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have upgraded Expressway C&E from 8.2 to 8.8.2 (the latest). After upgrade the Expressway has a connection with the CUCM, but not anymore with IMP. In the GUI from Expressway-C and checking the "IMP and Presence nodes" I see the status

Inactive: (Remote host is reachable but connection is not established. Either refresh this page, or check the credentials.)

I have deleted the node and added it again, but each time I see this message. When I give a wrong password I get the message wrong password, so some communication is established.

Anyone has seen this?

CUCM version 11.5.1.11900-26

IMP version 11.5.1.11900-21

Any help would be apreciated

JH

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi JH,

In version 8.8, there is a new module cvs.verifier which is doing more struct checks on the certificate.  In order to discover successfully a CUCM/IM&P cluster when using self signed certificates, certificate of each node of the cluster MUST be added to the trust store of Expressway. If there is one missing certificate, discovery will fail for all nodes.

You may verify this and see if it helps.

Manish

Hello Manish,

I downloaded the tomcat certificate from the IMP server and uploaded it to the trusted store of Expressway-C. From the log-files from Expressway-C I can see there is an issue with the certificate, some messages regarding "handshake"

The issue is that the CUCM is discovered correctly

Maybe a regenerate of the IMP certificate?

Tanks!

Jan

Hi ,,

I have the same exact issue, any update regarding this please.

we execute the following command on Expressway-C

xConfiguration XCP TLS Certificate CVS EnableCvs: Off

No idea what it does, but it solved the problem

Thanks, It Worked for me.

As a workaround you can disable reverse DNS verification running the command on both Exp-E and Exp-C:

xConfiguration XCP TLS Certificate CVS EnableCvs: Off

#https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cannot-communicate-with-the-server-jabber-mra/td-p/2974118 

The issue was resolved when I added the XMPP certificate of the IMP on the expressway 

Hendrik Schraa
Level 1
Level 1

As to add to this topic: i was seeing the same behaviour after having upgraded the IM&P node from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2.24900-8 (while using X8.8.3 on Expressway-C/E)

Restarting the XCP Router services on the IM&P node resolved the matter for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: