Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration cucm from 7 to 10.5

echiyahya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can i upgrade cucm 7 to 10.5 directly using PCD ?

thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, it is possible via PCD, make sure you are running 7.1.3 or 7.1.5 version, more details here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_010.html#CUCM_RF_PFD64F35_00

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

An upgrade, is your regular upgrade, using PCD, it's 90% the same as it has always been since we moved to Linux appliances on 5.x

A migration involves PCD taking the data from an old installation (leaving it as it is), installing a new VM, then pushing the data from the old cluster into the new installation.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, it is possible via PCD, make sure you are running 7.1.3 or 7.1.5 version, more details here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_010.html#CUCM_RF_PFD64F35_00

HTH

Manish

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For clarification, because upgrade is NOT the same as migrate.

What you can do with PCD, is that you can migrate to 10.5.

But you cannot upgrade to 10.5 with PCD, at least not from that release.

Those terms should not be used as if they're the same, as the whole procedure and config isn't either.

HTH

java

what do you mean with migration? (i will have the same configuration but on the new virtual plateform with version 10)

An upgrade, is your regular upgrade, using PCD, it's 90% the same as it has always been since we moved to Linux appliances on 5.x

A migration involves PCD taking the data from an old installation (leaving it as it is), installing a new VM, then pushing the data from the old cluster into the new installation.

HTH

java

Hi.. so what about if I have cucm 7.0.2 and for using PCD need at least cucmm 7.1.5, so I need first to upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1.5.. please need help with the isos, .cop files necessary for this first upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1.5.

Thanks.