Views
Helpful
Replies

reservation license usage

netanelda
Level 1
Level 1

Hey 

I have CUCM ver 12.5 with reservation(SLR) license.

can I see the usage summery (like 20 used from 50)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, Smart Software Licensing on software.cisco.com

In CUCM you can go to System --> Licensing --> License Manager to see current usage, but you cannot see what you are entered from there.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Not sure what your question is? Can you please be a little more specific?

Response Signature

For example:

I installed 50 enhace licenses for CUCM.

In the license page I see only how much I used.

I want to know how much is left to use.

Like license usage in PLM on CUCM ver 11.5

Well you do know how many you have, 50 as you wrote, and you see what you use. Then it’s a matter of first grade math, 50-what you use=what is left.

To really see the equivalent of PLM you need to look at SSM, cloud or on-prem depending on what you use.

Response Signature

Thank you.
I want to know that the 50 enh is installed currectly and to see them on the CUCM

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Smart licensing portal shows you what you purchased and what is in use.

Smart license portal on software.ciaco.com?
Also Is there a way to see the usage on CUCM?

Yes, Smart Software Licensing on software.cisco.com

In CUCM you can go to System --> Licensing --> License Manager to see current usage, but you cannot see what you are entered from there.

Thank you

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm afraid Chris and Roger are wrong if you are using SLR, the whole point of SLR is that the product will NOT reach out to licensing portal, so there will be no real time reporting of license usage.

If you bought 1000 licenses, and used SLR to assign 100 to a CUCM cluster, you will permanently see 100 licenses being used on the online reports due to that SLR request. How many are you actually using out of those 100?? only by going to the actual CUCM and looking at the license report you'd know that answer.

See slides 18-25

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/apjc/docs/2019/pdf/BRKUCC-2011.pdf

I don't use SLR in my lab, but have you tried hovering over the links shown in page 24 to see if they provide info on how many licenses are reserved?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Absolutely true, with reserved license it would always show in SSM the amount in use equal to what you reserved. So back to first grade math to know what you actually use for devices. :) Not that this really matters as the real use is what you reserved in SSM for the system. I never used reservations, don’t see the use case for it with an on-prem SSM. With that you would not need to grant UC systems access to internet and only have one egress point for connection to sync to the cloud SSM.

Response Signature

This is for VERY secure environments in which not even a satellite server would be approved due to security guidelines, or for places where no internet is available or is restricted.

A request to enable SLR in the smart account has to be placed in order to use it.

It's not really meant for everyone, as you mention, the most common option is to deploy a satellite and that way have a single server communicating with the licensing services.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate