Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
James Hawkins
Collaborator

Unity Connection PIN Synchronisation

Hi,

I have just configured Unity Connection PIN synchronisation with CUCM (v11.5 new feature) using the document at the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200978-How-to-Enable-Common-PIN-for-UCM-and-UC.pdf

This is working ok - I have tested changing the PIN in CUCM from ccmadmin and the self service portal and the change gets copied to Unity Connection.

When I change the PIN from the TUI using the "Set PIN" option on the Extension Mobility service the PIN changes for CUCM but not for Unity.

Is this what other people who have set up this feature are seeing?

The doc I linked to above states:

"If pin synchronization is enabled and when a user updates the pin from CUCM, BAT (Buk Administration Tool), AXL (Administrativve Extensible Markup Language), UDS (User Data Service) or Self Care Portal the pin must synchronized with UCXN"

There is no mention of the TUI so maybe this is working as designed??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Hi James,

It almost sounds like you are seeing what is explained in the last line of this bug/enhancement;

"We have found that we are able to update the PIN by logging into Extension Mobility and updating the PIN from there. However this will not do a PIN Sync to Unity connection even if the End User has a voicemail box configured or not."

From;

CUCM 11.5 cannot change PIN for user with no mailbox in CUC
CSCva90519

Cheers!
Rob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame Community Legend