Views
Helpful
Replies

B200 M2 reset BIOS password

lorenzobexer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a small problem with one of our B200 M2 blades.

There is a BIOS password set, so we can not open the boot menu. The bad thing is, nobody seems to remember the password. Is there any way to reset it?

Best Regards

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried Equipment - Server x - right click - Recover Server - Reset CMOS ?

Robert

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Now that I think of it - are you sure you're referring to B-series  and not C-Series?  I dont' recall there being any BIOS passwords on  B-Series.

For C-Series there's a jumper reset on the motherboard.

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

i am sure, it is a B200 server. Here is a screenshot of another B200 M2 blade, with the option to set a password.

I tried resetting the CMOS, CIMC and also a BIOS recovery. Unfortunately, it still asks for a password.

lorenzobexer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

good news, we managed to find the password.

Best Regards

Glad to hear you found the pword. 

What version of UCSM and BIOS is installed with this system?  If there's a documentation gap I'll need the specifics.

Robert

We have installed version 2.0(4a) of UCSM. However, the password has been set while the server was still installed in another UCS which is running 1.4(3l).

BIOS version was S5500.1.4.3a.0.061020111739 on the old system and now S5500.2.0.3.0.050720121819

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: