Views
Helpful
Replies

B200M2 Blade server showing Amber LED

sunil.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am faceing issue in one of our Cisco UCS B200 M2 blade server, It is showing Amber LED.

We have one chassis with 4 B200 M2 servers all other server are working fine , but the server which is there in the bay 3 is giving Amber LED.

Till now we have work around and did the firmware updated, tested with working service profile, tryied in different bay , changed the CNA card.

But no result , after doing this we are thinging of mother board issue these server is 2 month old and it under warrant. waiting for the solution

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Sunil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sunil,

The power fluctuation may be due to a faulty mainboard/voltage sensor.  I'd suggest you open up a TAC case and they may decide to replace the blade (mainboard only) for you.

Connect to the UCSM CLI using telnet or SSH, and enable logging with your SSH client to capture the following outputs

(Where X = Chassis #, and Y = Blade #)

UCS-250-A# connect local-mgmt

UCS-A(local-mgmt)# show tech-support chassis X cimc Y

UCS-A(local-mgmt)# exit

UCS-250-A# connect cimc X/Y

[ help ]# sensors power

Attach these outputs to the TAC case when you open it for a quicker resolution.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sunil,

What does UCSM report as the fault with this blade?  There should be an error message in the "Faults" tab for this blade giving you further detail.

Paste it here and we'll be able to guide you further.  Also advise which version of UCSM you're running including the Blade's BIOS & CIMC versions

Regards,

Robert

Robert,

Thanks for reply, attached the SEL logs of the server. And we are running 1.4(3m) version on the chassis and UCSM.

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil,

The power fluctuation may be due to a faulty mainboard/voltage sensor.  I'd suggest you open up a TAC case and they may decide to replace the blade (mainboard only) for you.

Connect to the UCSM CLI using telnet or SSH, and enable logging with your SSH client to capture the following outputs

(Where X = Chassis #, and Y = Blade #)

UCS-250-A# connect local-mgmt

UCS-A(local-mgmt)# show tech-support chassis X cimc Y

UCS-A(local-mgmt)# exit

UCS-250-A# connect cimc X/Y

[ help ]# sensors power

Attach these outputs to the TAC case when you open it for a quicker resolution.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert, we have already open the tag case and i have sent the same error screen shot to them.

Waiting for they reply

Thanks

Sunil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card