cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 M4 - Standalone - Bootloader Firmware for UCS VIC 1227-MLOM

Robert Elmes
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently updated three UCS C220 M4S servers using the Cisco Host Upgrade Utility to get all three hosts to firmware package version 4.1(2g). [Note: these are standalone servers NOT managed via a fabric interconnect]

Updates all have gone through for all elements (CIMC, BIOS, Intel LOM, SAS Card(s) and VIC card(s)) in the server and the Running versions match across all three at the expected versions for the 4.1(2g) update.

However it is showing a discrepancy on the "Bootloader Version" for the UCS VIC 1227-MLOM cards in each server under the CIMC Firmware management section:

For the UCS VIC 1227-MLOM cards all three servers show:

Running Version: 4.4(1g)

Backup Version: 4.4(1c)

But the Bootloader versions differ:

2 servers show : 4.0(8b)

1 server shows : 4.1(2d)

The two that show 4.0(8b) for the bootloader version also have UCS VIC 1225-1 cards in them (these also show Bootloader Version 4.0(8b) in those hosts against that card and again show the above Running and Backup versions).

Is this expected?  Is the reason the lower version is showing on two hosts as it limits it to the lowest common denominator across all the VIC cards in the host?

Tried extensive googling for information related to the bootloader version and turned up nothing useful, and can find no reference to it in the cisco documentation or file lists for the HUU so thought I'd try hear to see if anyone can shed any light?

Just want to ensure the Firmware update is indeed all complete and there isn't something additional I need to do!

Cheers in advance

1 Reply 1

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as the running firmware versions are showing correctly, I do not think the boot loader version is going to cause any issues with normal operations. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card