Views
Helpful
Replies

C240M3 Shared LOM Ext

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Configuring a new C240 and have noticed there is another option in the CIMC config page called "Shared LOM Ext". From reading guides this seems to suggest that I can share the CICM Management access with any of the LOM and also any of the Cisco VICs.

I am then installed VMware on this server and configured 1 x LOM and 1 x VIC interface for VMware management using Active / Passive. This works fine for VMware managment but when I disconnect the LOM I lose connection to CIMC.

So it seems that I must have it wrong that CIMC can be configured like this or I am missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks

Russell

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Russell,

I believe  "Shared LOM Extended " feature is available when we Cisco VIC card that has NCSI interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/gui/config/guide/1.5/b_Cisco_UCS_C-series_GUI_Configuration_Guide.151_chapter_01000.html#concept_AC4EC4E9FA3F4536A26BAD49734F23D0

Shared LOM Extended

Any LOM port or adapter card port can be used to access the CIMC. The Cisco adapter card has to be installed in a slot with NCSI support.

Padma

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Russell,

A few questions

CIMC version ?

In which slot do you have VIC 1225 card ?

What is the NIC mode for CIMC ?

scope cimc

show network detail

Padma

Hi,

Thanks for fast response

Version: 1.5(1f)

The Network Adapter Card is : Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T4

Network Setting:

IPv4 Address: 172.22.130.200

IPv4 Netmask: 255.255.255.128

IPv4 Gateway: 172.22.130.130

DHCP Enabled: no

Obtain DNS Server by DHCP: no

Preferred DNS: 0.0.0.0

Alternate DNS: 0.0.0.0

VLAN Enabled: no

VLAN ID: 1

VLAN Priority: 0

Port Profile:

Hostname: ucs-c240-m3

MAC Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

NIC Mode: shared_lom

NIC Redundancy: active-standby

Hello Russell,

I believe  "Shared LOM Extended " feature is available when we Cisco VIC card that has NCSI interface.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/gui/config/guide/1.5/b_Cisco_UCS_C-series_GUI_Configuration_Guide.151_chapter_01000.html#concept_AC4EC4E9FA3F4536A26BAD49734F23D0

Shared LOM Extended

Any LOM port or adapter card port can be used to access the CIMC. The Cisco adapter card has to be installed in a slot with NCSI support.

Padma

That explains that then. Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card