Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not access CIMC via web neither ping on management port

Hello,

Actually I'm having a problem with a UCS C220 M3 server. I have connected management port on dedicated mode, I have connection at the begining but some time later (days or weeks) it lost connection, not http access neither ping.

Some systems partner says me that he have same problem in the past with this UCS model, that it was a recognized bug of Cisco with this server and the only solution was to shutdown servers, disconnect power cable 15 minutes and reconnect. I do that and it exactly works.

But about 1 month later the problem returns to happen and I can't send a technicician every month to a CPD to recover administration. I search for bug but do not find it and I would like to know if I can resolve it upgrading CIMC, changing to shared Loom or changing to a newer server. To any option I need the bug to justify the solution with the customer. Can someone helps me?

Server and firmware versions are:

• UCS C240 M3

• CIMC 3.0
• VMWare 6.5

Thank you,

Oliver R.

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Suggest you move this over to the UCS/DC community, you're posting in the UC/Collab forum.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How can I move it? Have I to create a new one on correct forum?

Thank you,

Oliver R.

I faced this issue while  upgrading the UCS220 M3 to the version 3.X  and I have opened a tac and done the same procedure. Its almost a year now  so  I don't remember the exact version which we got stuck. but the customer is using   latest firmware and they haven't  reported any issues yet regarding CIMC. 

You can check with the UCS experts. 

Response Signature

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There have been a couple sets of CIMC memory leaks, which is what your symptoms sound like.

TAC would normally need a tech support after the OOM condition occurred, in order to see if this is a known existing issue or something new.

Short term, you may want to schedule CIMC reboots (which doesn't reboot the server), every few weeks, to avoid the sneakernet trip, which will reset the CIMC processes and memory usage.

Kirk...

Ok, thanks to all replys. I will try to update CIMC firmware, although I think I have installed the last suggested version by Cisco to this UCS, version 3.0(4).

In the same way, I will try to schedule a CIMC reboot, not sure how to do it without shutdown VMWare, I will search about it.

Will inform you with results. In the meantime, any other information will be gratefull.

Sincerely,

Oliver R.

cmc reboot1.JPG

cmc reboot2.JPG

Thanks for information Kirk, although I am searching how to schedule a reboot of CIMC. I think it can't be done.

I checked installed CIMC firmware is the last release and recommended version (4.0(4r)) to this UCS model (UCS 240 M3). So the only troubleshooting I can do after recover CIMC Management is disable customer's SMTP monitoring or change managment to shared Loom and this way bypass the management port of UCS.

Overmore I read all related bugs, behaviors and caveats of this release but I can not find this issue.

Thank you.

Greetings.

You might be able to put in a cron job on a local Linux host that has a task command of:

curl -XPOST -k -u admin:YOURPASSWORD https://x.x.x.x/redfish/v1/Managers/CIMC/Actions/Manager.Reset -d '{"ResetType":"ForceRestart"}'

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card