Helpful
Replies

Cimc error

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I have the following error 

Error: The current operation failed. CIMC may be running any critical operation or in an error state. Retry after sometime or reboot CIMC if necessary

I would like to know if I can restart and how, the CIMC only with out affecting the rest of the ucs box.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

We might need more information to give you more details but in the meantime:

1-You can restart CIMC

2-If standalone rack server, you should go to Admin tab> Utilities> you should see a reboot CIMC option.  If this is a blade server or a rack mount server integrated in UCSM, you should be able to see an option within "recover server" or "Server Maintenance"

3-Rebooting CIMC should not affect your data traffic as all you're doing is resetting the management interface integrated in the blade/rack server.

HTH,

-Kenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

We might need more information to give you more details but in the meantime:

1-You can restart CIMC

2-If standalone rack server, you should go to Admin tab> Utilities> you should see a reboot CIMC option.  If this is a blade server or a rack mount server integrated in UCSM, you should be able to see an option within "recover server" or "Server Maintenance"

3-Rebooting CIMC should not affect your data traffic as all you're doing is resetting the management interface integrated in the blade/rack server.

HTH,

-Kenny

anytime!

-Kenny

I have the same problem on UCS-E160D-M2/K9 getting the same error while updating the SNMP community

it is  installed on Cisco  router 2921.

i have performed the CIMC Reboot, but there is no improvement

CIMC firmware version is 3.0

Thanks to advice if anyone can help here?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card