cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco c220 m5 CIMC admin password option unavalable

tonybr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I bought a c220 off eBay and I’m trying to set it up but the admin password option is not able to be set, when accessing the CIMC it’s showing logged in as User every time.  That password is set but it the CIMC won’t start under administrator, I’ve been looking for a way to factor reset it (manually, since I can’t login to the CIMC gui at all), I’m thinking that would reset Has anyone seen this issue before or know a way to bypass it going straight into User when starting the CIMC?  All this is in the F8 option when it’s booting up.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This space is intended for questions related to Cisco ISE and NAC solutions. This question would be better suited for the UCS Community Space.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This space is intended for questions related to Cisco ISE and NAC solutions. This question would be better suited for the UCS Community Space.

tonybr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I wasn’t sure, thank you Greg!

Somehow your post ended up in the Unified Communication Infrastructure section and that’s equally wrong as the section Greg mentioned that it was originally posted in, so I moved it into the Unified Computing System section where it should’ve been all along.

Response Signature

It didn't work, I went into the CIMC and under the additional options selection selected factory reset but it didn't fully reset it seems.  The IP that is got from DHCP was still present and the password wasn't reset.  If I select the user password option, (I hate to ask the obvious) is the username "user" and whatever password I set?  And will that allow me to make system changes?  Since it's a user account I wouldn't think it would. I tried the factory reset option a couple of times, what else can I try?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card