Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Twinax Cables Compatibiltiy with EMC VNX/VNXe

michaelgitonga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know about Cisco Twinax Cables Compatibiltiy with EMC VNX/VNXe series storage - for connectivity between UCS Fabric Interconnect and EMC VNX/VNXe.

Are the following Cisco Twinax Cables compatible with EMC's VNX and VNXe serie platforms:

• SFP-H10GB-CU1M= 1-m 10G SFP+ Twinax cable assembly, passive
  • SFP-H10GB-CU3M= 3-m 10G SFP+ Twinax cable assembly, passive
  • SFP-H10GB-CU5M= 5-m 10G SFP+ Twinax cable assembly, passive
  • SFP-H10GB-ACU7M= 7-m 10G SFP+ Twinax cable assembly, active
  • SFP-H10GB-ACU10M= 10-m 10G SFP+ Twinax cable assembly, active

Kindly advice. Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brian Pickering
Level 1
Level 1

From what I've seen on the EMC forums, the active cables are supported, passive ones are not.

View solution in original post

Hi Michael,

yes. I'm using 5108 Chassis, and using two UCS-B200 M3. connected to UCS-FI6248 using 2 copper cable (10Gb).

and the VNX5300 connected using 2 copper cable (10Gb)  and 2 FC (8Gb) cable to FI6248.

Hope thats helped.

Thanks,

Pieter

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brian Pickering
Level 1
Level 1

From what I've seen on the EMC forums, the active cables are supported, passive ones are not.

Thank you Brian. Kindly paste the links to these EMC forums. Thanks.

Brian,

This was very helpful. Thank you very much.

pieteryts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to confirm you, that passive assembly is supported. Haven't tried the actives one yet.

I'm using UCS-B200 M3, and EMC VNX 5300.

the EMC VNX5300 (Block Level) connected using 2 type of media. Copper (SFP-H10GB-CU5M= 5-m 10G SFP+ Twinax cable assembly, passive) and Fiber Channel 8 GB directly info Fabric Interconnect 6248 ports.

For old server the connection is via iSCSI 10GB Copper. and for UCS-B200 M3 is via FC 8GB.

All my configuration is running well.

Hope thats helped.

Thanks,

Pieter

Hi Pieter,

I believe that by mentioning UCS-B200 M3 you mean that the blade server UCS-B200 M3 is inside a Cisco UCS 5100 Blade Chassis and hence you are connecting a Cisco UCS 6100/6200 Fabric Interconnect to the EMC VNX 5300. Is that so? Kindly confirm. Thanks.

Hi Michael,

yes. I'm using 5108 Chassis, and using two UCS-B200 M3. connected to UCS-FI6248 using 2 copper cable (10Gb).

and the VNX5300 connected using 2 copper cable (10Gb)  and 2 FC (8Gb) cable to FI6248.

Hope thats helped.

Thanks,

Pieter

Hi Pieter,

This has helped. Thank you very much.

Thanks,

Michael Kimani Gitonga.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card