cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCE-140S Won't auto turn on?

dastrix80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, running CICM 3.2 , same software as another module I've got (the 140D). This 140S refuses to auto power on when I reboot the Ubuntu Linux server. If I open the KVM, i see the green screen and it shows the power off.

How can I set it to auto power on? Ive changed the gui option to power on but it fails.

Something im doing is wrong!

Cheers

Kris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Assuming you have set the Power restore Policy (Compute, power policies) to power the server on if power loss.

Also, you might want to try booting (via vKVM ISO) a live ubunto or centos Image, and doing a reboot.

This will help determine if your installed ubuntu OS has some sort of ACPI/power control issue, or if it is indeed some sort of hardware/bios issue.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Assuming you have set the Power restore Policy (Compute, power policies) to power the server on if power loss.

Also, you might want to try booting (via vKVM ISO) a live ubunto or centos Image, and doing a reboot.

This will help determine if your installed ubuntu OS has some sort of ACPI/power control issue, or if it is indeed some sort of hardware/bios issue.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hello Kirk

yes I do have the policy defined.

Interesting, OK, ill look into that a bit more, thank you!

dastrix80
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like ive solved it. I black listed the Intel AMT/MEI driver from loading, using sudo shutdown -r seems to reboot the server correctly :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card