Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS 5108 B200 M5 Blade Server

Maheshn0205
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Team,

Currently, I have this UCS 5108 AC M5 Blade Server, I'm trying to connect to the system via connector as shown in the picture, the system is up and running but I'm not able to see the screen. This is the first time I'm working on this machine. Any help is really appreciated.

Cisco-UCS5108.jpeg

4 Replies 4

IC2317
Level 1
Level 1

I think your server is powered off that's why. Power on the server and then you should be able to see it.

Yes it in Standby mode which is a default setting done by Cisco. As per my understanding, to turn the machine on, I need access to UCS manager which I don't have one. 

So you will need functional, configure FIs that are managing the chassis and blades, along with a minimal service profile applied to that blade, at which point you should be able to power on the blade.

In theory, while the blade is discovering, and doing post checks, you could probably see something, but after it's discovered, then you will need to apply service profile before you can boot it up.

Kirk...

Correct, you will not be able to power on or configure the blades without UCS Manager running on a Fabric Interconnect. It can be either the standalone switches (6332, 6454) or the FI-IOM combo 6324 (aka UCS Mini).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card