cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS model to match Dell R900

cchiahuan
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to replace existing Dell R900 ( 1 TB of drive space, 24GB RAM and 2 Quad core CPU ) with Cisco UCS but not sure which model I should go with.  any response will be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

It looks like the Dell R900 is a rack server, so if you are looking for something similar, you may want to try the C460-M4:

Specifications at a Glance

• Four rack-unit (4RU) chassis
  • Either 2 or 4 Intel® Xeon® processor E7-4800 v2 or E7-8800 v2 product family CPUs
  • Up to 6 terabytes (TB)* of double-data-rate 3 (DDR3) memory in 96 dual in-line memory (DIMM) slots
  • Up to 12 Small Form Factor (SFF) hot-pluggable SAS/SATA/SSD disk drives
  • 10 PCI Express (PCIe) Gen 3 slots supporting the Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Cards and third-party adapters and GPUs
  • Two Gigabit Ethernet LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) ports
  • Two 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports
  • A dedicated out-of-band (OOB) management port

*With 96 x 64 GB DIMMs when available.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c460-m4-rack-server/index.html

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have questions, if none, please mark the question as answered.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

It looks like the Dell R900 is a rack server, so if you are looking for something similar, you may want to try the C460-M4:

Specifications at a Glance

• Four rack-unit (4RU) chassis
  • Either 2 or 4 Intel® Xeon® processor E7-4800 v2 or E7-8800 v2 product family CPUs
  • Up to 6 terabytes (TB)* of double-data-rate 3 (DDR3) memory in 96 dual in-line memory (DIMM) slots
  • Up to 12 Small Form Factor (SFF) hot-pluggable SAS/SATA/SSD disk drives
  • 10 PCI Express (PCIe) Gen 3 slots supporting the Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Cards and third-party adapters and GPUs
  • Two Gigabit Ethernet LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) ports
  • Two 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports
  • A dedicated out-of-band (OOB) management port

*With 96 x 64 GB DIMMs when available.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c460-m4-rack-server/index.html

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have questions, if none, please mark the question as answered.

-Kenny

appreciate for your response.  thank you!

anytime!  :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card