cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESXi power management issues after upgrading to 2.2(4B)

Hi

We have just upgraded our UCS environment from 2.2(3c) to 2.2(4b). Actually we planned on going to 2.2(3f) but that gave us spontanious reboots of M4 blades. Through a TAC case it was explained this was a bug so we quickly went to 2.2(4b).

Now with the 2.2(4b) I have a strange issue. All blades that have had the firmware upgrade (B200-M3 and B200-M4) report "NotSupported" Power Management in ESXi. See screenshot.

This happens in ESXi 5.1 and 5.5. I've been trying severall BIOS settings on the blades, but can't find that one setting that causes this change.

A TAC case has been submitted but is taking very long. Although VMware has stated we can run production despite the "NotSupported" message, it would take me to change all vSphere host profiles we're using for all our clusters which would be a real pain. 

Has any of you an M3 / M4 blade running with 2.2(4b)? Could you export your BIOS policy to XML and show it to me? 

Regards

Gabrie

5 Replies 5

jchavesd
Level 1
Level 1

HI, 

Please check the following Bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCua34036/?reffering_site=dumpcr

There are 2 Work arounds

- Downgrade the BIOS
- Go into the BIOS by pressing F2 during bootup and do the following:

BIOS -> Advanced -> ACPI Configuration -> MPS Table Order -> Disabled

We don't see the below settings

BIOS -> Advanced -> ACPI Configuration -> MPS Table Order -> Disabled.

We are facing same issue when upgraded to 2.2(5b). Please advise on what the correct solution would be.

Also, the cisco bug u have specified is already fixed in release 2.25c. We are now in 2.2(5b) and not sure how to fix this now?

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCua34036/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

It seems like the bug that causes this has been provided, if the prev answer helped, please mark that as "answered" so that the collaborator not only gets credit but also, other users will see you found the answer you were looking for.

-Kenny

No, the BIOS settings mentioned, do not exist in the BIOS. 

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot from the Firmware being used by the server?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card