cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Interconnect 6454 not showing up san-neighbors when connected to MDS

Guru Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Have a connection setup from FI6454 to MDS.

Created a san-portchannel at both the ends.

When selecting the FabricInterconnect A in the UCS manager, the Neighbors column will list LAN, SAN and LLDP neighbors.

But i could not see the san-portchannel entry under SAN neighbors in the UCSM.

This actually showed up well with the FI6332 in my another similar setup with MDS.

But FI6454 is not listing the san-portchannel under FabricA/Neighbors/SAN Neighbors.

Please let me know whether i am missing anything. Probably any difference between FI6332 and 6454 with respect to listing of san neighbors.

9 Replies 9

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Were your 6332's in SAN switching mode by chance?

I think some of the traditional FC commands like show topology will work on FIs for FC switching mode but not in FC end host mode.

Does show npv internal info external-interface all have any feedback?

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Even in FI6332 under FC EndHost mode, the san-neighbors are getting listed properly. But in FI6454 it is not.

The 'show npv internal info external-interface all' lists the san port-channel entry.

But i could not see them under FI Neighbors in UCS Manager as well as 'show san-neighbors' cli.

Thanks

This may be a software defect. I would open a TAC case to have them investigate and file a new bug if required.

Thank you Wes Austin.

Filed CSCvt44791 on your behalf, which asks for same command as the 6300 (feature parity).

May take a day or so before you can see that on https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch

Thanks,

Kirk...

Thank you Kirk.
Note:
Both in UCS Manager (Equipment/FabricA/Neighbors/SAN Neighbors) and backend cli (show san-neighbors) after enabling 'Info-Policy', the san port-channel created is not listed.
Thanks again for considering it.

I tested enabling that policy in the lab on a 6454, which still didn't enable that feature/CLI command, and why I went ahead and filed the enhancement..

Like Wes says, please open a TAC case and have them reference CSCvt44791 to your case.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Any updates on this? Still i could see this issue. 

Thanks

GuruPrasad

I see no cases associated with it yet.

Enhancements will typically get prioritized when customers open cases, and that specific feature (or lack of) is mentioned.

Please open a case, and reference CSCvt44791

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card