Views
Helpful
Replies

FEX connection between C2348TQ and Nexus C7009

rashad_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have faced a huge promlem when connectinig C2348TQ FEX to Nexus C7009. The FEX connection status is down and when i have checked the parent switch interface the status is as following:

TJ_DSN_N7K# sh int et7/1
Ethernet7/1 is down (notPCMember)
admin state is up, Dedicated Interface

In N7K side installed the N7K-F312FQ-25 I/O module with QSFP-40G-SR-BD.

In N2K side also installed the QSFP-40G-SR-BD on 40G uplink port.

For interconnecting i have used OM3 50/125 LC optic cable.

I will be grateful for help in advance.

BR

Rashad

3 Replies 3

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rashad,

Could you try to unconfigure and reconfigure the ports in the UCS-M and see if the error still occurs. However, I think you are having a cabling problem here. The QSFP's that would work are

QSFP-4X10G-A0C1M

QSFP-4X10G-A0C2M

QSFP-4X10G-A0C3M

QSFP-4X10G-A0C5M

QSFP-4X10G-A0C7M

QSFP-4X10G-A0C10M

Also I see that you are using breakout cables instead of a single 10CU1M twinax cables which is a good thing.

The link below is very useful;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/index.html

It is one of the easiest ways to find our configuration guides, release notes and installation guides in our page. Simply type "Nexus", then select the platform and release and you will find step by step configuration guides, command reference and release notes.

Hope this helps you.

Qiese Dides

rashad_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

it is very strange, FEX work only with EtherChannel feature unde the paraent switch port.

For example:

fex 101

int eth7/1

switchport

channel-gr 101

int port-channel 101

switchport

sw mod fex-fabric

fex ass 101

int et7/1

no shut

FEX came up only after configuring etherchannel. But in cisco document I cant find any comments regarding that, the FEX should be configured only with EC under parent switch port.

Very strange ((

BR

Rashad

Hey Rashad,

See here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus2000/sw/configuration/guide/rel_6_2/b_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_NX-OS_Fabric_Extender_Software_Configuration_Guide_Release_6-x/b_Configuring_the_Cisco_Nexus_2000_Series_Fabric_Extender_rel_6_2_chapter_010.html

A FEX is connected to its parent device through a port channel. By default, the parent device does not allow the attached Fabric Extender to connect until it has been assigned a FEX number and is associated with the connected interface.

A port-channel is an etherchannel.

HTH,

Wes

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card