Views
Helpful
Replies

FI mgmt ports as pvlan isolated ???

delahais
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to connect the 2 FI mgmt ports to a OOB switch where the 2 interfaces are configurated as pvlan isolated ?

So the 2 FI Mgmt ports could not see each other ?

Is is a issu for VIP cluster address ?

Thx.

Nicolas.

4 Replies 4

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Nicolas,

So you want to configure both interfaces in a non-cluster mode?  Why would you like to configure the ports in a way that they cannot see each other?

-Kenny

crisleon2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I agreed with Kenny.

For Management Port , the IP Address can be set up as Follows:

In a standalone configuration, you must specify only one IP address and the subnet mask for the single management port on the fabric interconnect.

In a cluster configuration, you must specify the following three IP addresses in the same subnet:

Management port IP address for fabric interconnect A
Management port IP address for fabric interconnect B
Cluster IP address

- Chris

Hi Chris and Kenny,

First of all, thx for your replies.

I add few details to be more clear.

My customer is a very large customer. We are going to install about 1200 blades until 2015. It has 2 large DC. These DC have a physical network dedicated to OOB and manangement routed by FWs. My customer has a rule for these 3750 switches : interfaces are configuratied as private vlan dedicated.

So for Nx 5k or Nx 7k pair, it is not a issue.

So, I wonder about the 2 Mgmt ports from UCS.

I do know for clustering, the heartbeat use L1/L2 ; moreover, to prevent split brain in case of L1/L2 failure a mechanism takes place via the Serial EPROM located in chassis.

So i seach piece of information about the VIP : I wonder if VIP would claim by each mgmt port if they can not see each other due to pvlan isolated configuration.

Many thx about information about VIP mechanism.

Best regards.

Nicolas.

Nicolas,

That can be done but might brake the UCS functionality, so plan this carefully.

The Virtual IP is hosted in one FI at the time and the MAC of the physical port of the master FI will answer for the virtual IP.

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card