Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexflash Controller is in a unhealthy state after firmware upgrade

Jason Flory
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

I am getting an error stating our flexflash is unhealthy after firmware upgrade.  Says it is running old firmware.  I did not even know we had flexflash on our systems and do not see away to upgrade the firmware.  I read that you are supposed to see this in the storage tab but do not see this .  How do i resolve this error?

35 Replies 35

We have 2 SD cards setup as RAID1, but that server is only showing 1 now, and it's marked as an "Unpaired primary" that will not boot ESXi? Is having 2 cards pointless for HA/redundancy?

Having two cards is necessary for redundancy, yes. It sounds like the OS may have been corrupted or lost after the upgrade. If the card would have failed during operation, the OS would remain on a single card.

When you attempt to boot the server, do you get an error? Does ESXi display anything or do you get "no boot device found"?

The most effective use of time would to be just re-install ESXi and re-configure the management settings. If you would like to try and recover, I would boot an ESXi Installer ISO and choose to "upgrade" and see if the boot partition is still available. If not, it may have been lost/corrupted during an upgrade/when the card failed.

"Unable to match boot policy to currently available devices. Press enter to select from possible options.

<ok> "

I ran into similar issue with a client system. "FlexFlash Controller 1 on server 1/4 is unhealthy. Reason: Status: FFCH_ERROR_CA". It turned out to be a bug. CSCvh76070. A firmware upgrade to 3.2(3d) fixed the issue.

Can anyone verify if this card will work in our Blades? Cisco Systems Inc UCSB-B200-M4

CiscoFlashSDcard.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card