cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to scrub a server in UCS Central/Manager?

jexhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've tried scrubbing servers a few times yet I never seem to find a proper repeatable way to scrub a server. Steps I've tried:

First we activate the Scrub Policy that is set to Scrub Everything on the Service Profile.

Then we try one or more of these:

• Re-Acknowledging the server
  • Decommission and then Recommission
  • Disassociate and Reassociate from SP

Nothing seem to work, or atleast not in the way it is supposed to or in a repeatable manner.

Has anyone else experienced this or are we doing something wrong? The documentation states that a simple disassociation should activate the Scrub Policy. We're running UCSC v2.0(1q) paired with UCSM 4.2(2c). 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ITM-Team
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just did a "scrub" of some SD cards. That would be possible in den Storage tab of the inventory of the server. Although I guess you would like to clear disks and therefor I would think that the Disassociate with a"scrub_all" scrub policy would do the job.
Did the UCS Manager in any way warned you that he would scrub your storage? I know a dialog where you have to confirm that you are aware of the scrubbing.

Another method would be a factory reset: Server maintenance -> Reset to factory defaults.
There you can choose to "Scrub storage" and in my experience this works.

Regards
 Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ITM-Team
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just did a "scrub" of some SD cards. That would be possible in den Storage tab of the inventory of the server. Although I guess you would like to clear disks and therefor I would think that the Disassociate with a"scrub_all" scrub policy would do the job.
Did the UCS Manager in any way warned you that he would scrub your storage? I know a dialog where you have to confirm that you are aware of the scrubbing.

Another method would be a factory reset: Server maintenance -> Reset to factory defaults.
There you can choose to "Scrub storage" and in my experience this works.

Regards
 Martin

It could have to do with the fact that we're using UCS Central to decommission the servers. When I did the factory reset you suggested it worked like a charm

I'll probably try to go through UCS Central again and see if I can get it to properly work. If all else fails we'll just revert to doing it from UCS Manager

Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card