cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is FEX 2232PP upgraded when FI is upgraded?

gtlalpachicatl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

I apologize if this is RTFM question bu t I was unable to find the proper documentation

I have a customer who has several rack servers connected to a FI through a pair 2232PP FEX. They recently upgraded the FIs and all the servers lost connection through the B side after FI-B was rebooted. Those servers recovered connectivity only until the 2232PP IOM was rebooted. Customer is concerned about the upgrade procedure for these devices. Is there any documentation that explains how/when these devices are upgraded? I mean, if FI-B is upgraded, then the FEX-B is upgraded or it needs to be manually upgraded? Does the FEX need a reboot during the upgrade?

Thanks for your feedback.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FEX and FI are 2 different devices.

FEX always upgrades with a Parent switch that is 5K or 7K. so i do not believe for now with the given information.

We are not sure about your environment and how your FI designed to connect. if the FI are not connected to parent multi-home or single-homed?

Suggestion whenever you upgrading machine critical services, always required to some planning work and dependencies towards that upgrade.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The supported Fexes will get upgraded by the FIs automatically like they would with a N5K or N7k.

The Fex would typically be upgraded and brought back online after the connected FI has been upgraded and rebooted.

From FI, connect nxos, show fex detail

should confirm if your fex is running same version as your FIs.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card