cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RAID - Cisco 12G SAS Modular Raid Controller (SLOT-HBA)

hughesmi1973
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Hope you can help.

We have 2 Virtual drives on Raid 0(zero). We had added a new 900Gb hard drive to our UCS server. However, the current Virtual drive 0 has 2 x 300gb, so now have mixed hard drives and of course this is not allowed with RAID. 

I cant find a way to remove the 900Gb hard drive from this array i,e Virtual drive 0 without breaking things.

I would assume there way to move the data off the 900Gb  and back over the 2 x 300Gb and then allow me to move the 900Gb

Any help would great.

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was the 900GB drive added to the virtual drive? Or is it in unconfigured good state?

Can you provide screen captures from Physical and Virtual drive tab in CIMC?

Im not sure how the drive would be added to the RAID, so you should be able to just remove it. Unless you manually moved data to it.

From the CLIFrom the CLI1.JPG2.JPG

Hi Wes,

I am not sure how this happened.

If shutdown the 900Gb hdd is fails to boot up VMware ESXi.

There must be a command to move the data off the 900 HDD and the JBOB or something to the disk. I do intended to add the new HDD to the virtual disk 1

Greetings.

Please see https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/3rd-party/lsi/mrsas/userguide/LSI_MR_SAS_SW_UG.pdf page 148 , which covers raid type migration for VDs.

I'm not aware of any that allow for removal of a drive.

If you want to reduce the number of drives,, you will need to recreate the raid volume, with only the intended drives, and reinstall/reload data.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card