cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RAID configuration issue --- on Cisco UCS C 220 M3 with UCSC-RAID-11-C220 RAID controller.

Gonuguntla Gopi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Hope all doing well....

Below is the error i encountered during installation:

While Installting and configuring UCS C220 M3s server & initially the card is with UCSC-RAID-MZ card which supports RAID 0/1/10.

Now i replaced it with UCSC-RAID-11-C220 mezzanine card so that it supports RAID 0/1/5/10/50.

But when i opened the CIMC of the server & again it is showing that it supports only RAID 0/1/10...

Kindly find the attachments for your reference.

Do i need to enable or configuring any  additional options on the BIOS of the server to support RAID 5 ?

Looking forward to hear from you !!! Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Gopi G

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please mark the thread as "answered" for future users to see you found the solution and if possible share the info for others facing the same issue.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gonuguntla Gopi
Level 1
Level 1

As far as my knowledge....When we insert the UCSC-RAID-11-C220 card is factory configured for RAID 5... We don't need to do any changes...

Please advise it is too critical for me..

Hi,

do you have the latest CIMC release, version 2.0(8d) - 09/Oct/2015?

Take a look at the following link.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou..Marcelo..Issue Solved

The RAID card will support different RAID levels, it is not preconfigured unless you got some sort of appliance based on UCS.

Did you try to create the desired RAID level and got some sort of error message or restriction?

-Kenny

Thanks Issue....solved

Please mark the thread as "answered" for future users to see you found the solution and if possible share the info for others facing the same issue.

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card