cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting FSM for Port Profiles

terran0925
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently trying to fix the faults we have in one of our UCS environments and one of them is the FSM tab for the VM --> All

--> VMware --> Port Profiles.

Someone tried to configure a port profile here and the progress status has been stuck for months.  The Port Profiles currently aren't being used so I already deleted all of the port profiles but the FSM tab is still stuck.  I've been in the CLI as well and could not find a way to reset it.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Manish Tandon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Terence

This functionality of deletion of pending tasks should exist and doable via either the GUI or the CLI.

There should be a "Deletion Tasks" tab in VM/VMware tab in the GUI and pending tasks can be deleted.

In the CLI, scope system, vm-mgmt, vmware and then you can scope to a pending-deletion task which you do a show detail for or a "delete pending-deletion "

Thanks

--Manish

Thanks Manish.  I've actually looked in that tab/window and gone into CLI but can't seem to find any tasks listed.  See the screenshots

I've included.

Terence -

Interesting; it looks like the FSM is complaining that the port-profile name was too long, though it doesn't even allow you to click "OK" if you've entered more than the maximum number of characters for the name.  If you create a new test port-profile, does the status of the FSM change accordingly?

Jen

Great tip Jen!  I deleted all the ports yesterday to see if it'll clear it with no luck but I just created a "test port" and that got displayed properly and seemingly removed the stuck status.

Terence, that's great!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card