Views
Helpful
Replies

service profile

cstpierre4
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

is there any way to rename a service-profile and or a service-profile template on the fly? Also, can I add / remove vlans from a template on the fly?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

You can rename the Service profile with no issues, I BELIEVE the template cannot be renamed and the vlans can be changed on the fly too.

-Kenny

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

I think that option was introduced on 2.1 so be sure you are not running an old version where that was not available, like 1.4 or below.

See example attached.

-Kenny

Niko Nikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Keny is correct, you should be able to rename a service profile without causing any impact on the server/profile in question. Simply right click the profile and then select the 'Rename Service Profile' option.

Templates do not have the option to be renamed, but if you were dead set on having a new name for your template you could take a look at creating a new template that mimics the original, but with the desired name. After that you could unbind your service profiles from the old template and bind them to the newly created template.

Vlans can be added/removed on the fly and do not require server restarts. Depending on what kind of template you are using the changes may not be reflected on your service profiles. An initial template will not push changes down to the service profiles that are bound to it, but an updating template will.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card