cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Best Practices with Other Switch Mfr

miwynston
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any best practices like spanning-tree, port channel, buffer tuning, QOS on connecting UCS to Arista switches? I have a client doing a POC and they are an Arista shop but we are getting them to pilot UCS?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

micturne
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Michael,

I moved this discussion to the main data center and cloud community page where it should get more visibility.

Thanks,

Mike

micturne
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Michael,

I was just informed that you would find what you are looking for at this site: http://savtg.cisco.com/ucs-home-pages/ucs-network-home-page

Hope this helps and if not please leave another comment.

-Mike

Mike,

The hyperlink doesn't seem to like any browser...

I have the same issue. Is that an internal Cisco page? Thanks

I tried the link in Chrome and IE.  The link is for an internal website that requires a login.  I assumed that the original poster had access by glancing at his profile.  I will continue hunting around for an external friendly information source due to the interest.  It will probably be a few sources due to the nature of the question.  Stay tuned.

that is an internal link.

Aristia has a feature similar to vPC which I think they call multi-shassis link aggeration or some thing like that.  You should use that feature to get the benifits of the active-active data paths that the UCS provides.  Makesure the link from the UCS to the Arista switches is set to carry all you vlans.  As for setting STP, QoS and buffer tuning, I would ask that you speak with an Arista rep with knowledge of best practice on thier side.

Eric

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card