cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C210 Firmware

lepITSupport
Level 1
Level 1

When I attempt to upgrade the firmware via TFTP I get an Image_CRC_Failure error message on both the web and CLI.  I have tried re-downloading the image and I have tried multiple image versions.  I have also tried upgrading via the web and I get to 5% and the system hangs.  When I try to log back in I get this error message:  "This browser already has an existing CIMC session. Only one session is allowed per browser. You must log out of the other session to log in with a new session."  I click on the "Log Out other session" link but I still cannot log back in.  I have to completely shut down the server in order for the web interface to become available.  When I say "shut down" I mean I have to physically pull the cable out of the back and wait 10 seconds.

Could someone please point me in the correct direction with these 2 issues?  This is the first time I have had the chance to work with the UCS C210 and I am on the verge of saying that I am not impressed because this is not the first issue I have come across.  I like Cisco and I don't want to get that far just yet.

Any help is appreciated,

Terry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings Terry,

These type of issues are usuing the fault of a Windows TFTP server cause CRC errors.   Have you tried the Web interface upload from another client by chance?

Have you tried the HUU (Host Update Utility)?  It's a ISO you just mount and it will update all the FW components you wish.

You can get it here:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283862069&flowid=25882&softwareid=283850974&release=1.4%281c%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

*Note the file name will be called somethign like "ucs-c200-huu-x.x.x.iso" , but that's fine.  The C200 and C210 are the same basic architecture and this package is compatible with both.

As for your other issues you can configure the CIMC to allow multiple connections - it's under the Admin or Communication settings I believe.  By resetting the CIMC (not disruptive to host OS) you can clear any "stuck" sessions.

Let me know how you go and we'll get you squared away I promise.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings Terry,

These type of issues are usuing the fault of a Windows TFTP server cause CRC errors.   Have you tried the Web interface upload from another client by chance?

Have you tried the HUU (Host Update Utility)?  It's a ISO you just mount and it will update all the FW components you wish.

You can get it here:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283862069&flowid=25882&softwareid=283850974&release=1.4%281c%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

*Note the file name will be called somethign like "ucs-c200-huu-x.x.x.iso" , but that's fine.  The C200 and C210 are the same basic architecture and this package is compatible with both.

As for your other issues you can configure the CIMC to allow multiple connections - it's under the Admin or Communication settings I believe.  By resetting the CIMC (not disruptive to host OS) you can clear any "stuck" sessions.

Let me know how you go and we'll get you squared away I promise.

Regards,

Robert

Very good...I am using a Windows based TFTP server.  I have not tried the HUU.  I looked at the HUU and I see it only goes up to 1.4(1c).  I am currently running 1.4(1), is this the prefered version to be using at this time?  I will allow multiple connections as I learn this system so I don't get stuck again. 

Thank you for the fast reply,

Terry

Yes, that's the version you'd want to be at assuming you're not doing UCSM Integration and these are standalone servers.

Let me know if you have any issues with the HUU.

Happy to help & hopefully turn around your experience

Regards,

Robert

Hi,

I am attempting to upgrade the firmware on a UCS210 M2 with ucs-c200-huu-1.4.1c.iso but I get the error in the screenshot.

Any ideas?

The current fw is 1.3 (2d)

Thanks

Just got further.

I pulled the power to the server for 10 mins then tried again.

The CIMC was not responsive and fans were quite loud?

Seems to be upgrading fine now.

lepITSupport
Level 1
Level 1

John,

How is the upgrade going?  Were you able to get it upgraded?

Having a bit of a nightmare to be honest.

All upgraded fine but now cannot connect to VMware management.

Something weird is going on.

All tests in VMware console are fine.

You cannot connect via web or vi client.

It ended up being the proxy.xml file corrupt.

Cisco dialled in and fixed it.

Copied the proxy.xml from a good host to the affected host.

Odetayo Adelabu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My own experience  (C220-M3 1.5.4e to 2.0.3i)  when i clicked "Install Firmware"on CIMC GUI: It got stuck at 5% and the CIMC GUI became irresponsive: I couldn't access the CIMC GUI again.  I did a power off of the UCS C220 (remove power cable & put back), this allowed access to the CIMC GUI and I noticed the error that "Install CIMC Failed" on the Firmware page. When I ssh to CIMC IP, I attempted to use tftp to transfer the firmware, I got the error, "Image_CRC_Failure Error". Thinking it was a CRC problem from the source firmware file led to more wasted time.

The only solution I discovered is by doing a Reboot of the CIMC before trying to upload and install CIMC firmware via CIMC GUI. Go to Admin>Utilities>Reboot CIMC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card