Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 M3S - Compatible hard drive

ithis0001
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings..

We have a Cisco UCS C220 M3S server. I would like to have 3TB or more hard drive used on this server. Is this possible. has anyone tried this? If so, could you please let me know the part number for the hard drive or a direct link where we can purchase them. I am looking for 7200 6Gbps hard drive. The firmware on the server is 2.0(1b), if that helps.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Joseph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joseph

Please check

Table 11 Available Hot-Pluggable Sled-Mounted HDDs and SSDs 

in

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c220m3-sff-specsheet.pdf

Walter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joseph

Please check

Table 11 Available Hot-Pluggable Sled-Mounted HDDs and SSDs 

in

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c220m3-sff-specsheet.pdf

Walter.

Hi Walter

Thanks for the info. I had already checked this. I was wondering besides the hard drive provided by cisco, could we use another hard drive from Seagate 3TB or something enterprise one?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Joseph

Hi Joseph

I'm paranoid ! the HDD have to be certified with the Raid Controller; therefore to be 100% clear, I would open a TAC case, and ask them. I think the answer would be NO !

Good luck

Walter.

I don't believe the Onboard SCU controller will work/enable the non tested/certified drives.

While it may be possible to get other drives to potentially work, you will introduce a layer of support issues  if you call into TAC for storage related problems.

Also, the firmware upgrade iso/HUU won't have firmware for the drives, etc.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card