Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 (SNS-3515-K9 ) vKVM option in BIOS Boot not showing

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Experts,

We have Cisco UCS C220 (SNS-3515 bundled), we want to boot some ISO from vKVM but unfortunately in boot order, only pre-installed OS i.e Cisco ISE and network interfaces are showing. We cannot see vKVM DVD option there when goto Boot menu from BIOS.

We can set the boot option with vKVM DVD from CIMC itself but that boot order configured under CIMC is unfortunately not working. Our CIMC version is 2.0(h)

We want to know whether an upgrade is required or should i need to enable some option in the BIOS settings in CIMC ?

Regards,

Muhammad Awais Khan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Could you solve this problem?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this is a security appliance, there are a lot of options that are locked down. You typically require a special ISO file that is secure and can boot on the appliance. If you go to BIOS options, you should see "secure boot" checked and unable to toggle.

For any other questions on what you can and cannot do, I would open a TAC case for assistance.

Thanks for the feedback. We have couple of other SNS-3595-K9 appliances but we did not see this problem with those.

The 1st problem is that atleast we should see the vKVM DVD in boot order, we want to boot the same ISO which is currently installed.

Could you solve this problem?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card