cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220M3 KVM

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a CIMC version 1.5.1b. i can launch the KVM from onsite where the servers are. If I try to launch KVM thru aa VPN connection it will not launch.

Same issue on Firefox, IE and Chrome.  Java is current and even in Java log I dont see anyhing..

If i use same pc and vpn into my LAB all is fine.  I have heard of people seeing this issue but no one has posted any answers..

Thanks                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

alhaider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

KVM uses port 2068 to communicate over the network,  please ensure that the port is allowed over VPN and its is not being blocked by any ACLs or firewalls. You can try to telnet to the server's CIMC address using port 2068 in order to test connectivity on that port.

Also, are you able to launch KVM from any other version of CIMC over VPN connection directly form your PC?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

alhaider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

KVM uses port 2068 to communicate over the network,  please ensure that the port is allowed over VPN and its is not being blocked by any ACLs or firewalls. You can try to telnet to the server's CIMC address using port 2068 in order to test connectivity on that port.

Also, are you able to launch KVM from any other version of CIMC over VPN connection directly form your PC?

Mohammad, Thank you,, I thought I had all ports open but I cannot launch KVM as well as I cannot get a console from a VM machine so by that I mean once I power on a VM (CUCM) It fails something about KVM I think ports 902/903 

I am trying to find a document that lists all ports for both CIMC and ESX-I on one page. I can wish.

Once done I may post all ports in this post or as an attachment

Thank you

Forgot to answer your question. I can VPN into my lab and all is okay. I d not have a 1.5.1b CIMC to try thru VPN.. All that I do know is that on site is good, vpn is no good and I have UCS c220M3 servers..

I wll get ports open and try again

I upgrade to CIMC to 1.5.I and KVM now okay. I am still getting unable to connect to MKS Failed to connect to server X.X.X.X:902

All ports are open according to security folks

Any Ideas?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card