Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS E Series - Trunk setup

michaelflood
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my ucs E series server to accept a trunk connection through the internal interfaces on the router. I followed the "Getting Started" guide and I'm not having much luck. 

I'm trying to use ucse1/0/1 as my interface for trunking vlans. I've tried doing the simple method of just doing:

no ip address

switchport mode trunk

, but that didn't work. I've tried setting up a BDI interface, but I was never able to ping from the server to the router.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review the examples in this document too https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-e-series-software/212590-set-up-ucs-e-network-by-bridge-virtual-i.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hey, thanks for the reply! I followed that document before posting here, come to find out... the ole "no shut" was needed on the BDI interface.

Do you know if it's possible to add an SVI under the BDI? I'm trying to ideally have all my layer 2 ports on the same broadcast domain as my VMs running on my ucs E-series server. 

Thanks again!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card