Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Host Issue

Quintin.Mayo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We was alerted on one of our nodes survesx0104 had went down along with alerts from our UNITY array the host initiators all went down. We logged into VMware and the host showed as down, but when we logged into UCS and consoled into the host it was showing as running. We also received UCS alerts on the host, so we rebooted the host and it looks to have come back online without issue. We just want to make sure there isn't a bigger issue with this host before we bring it out of maintenance mode and back into production. I attached the UCS host logs, can anyone confirm the host should work as expected? We would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The kind of RCA you are asking for requires a TAC case, and additionally your Chassis logs (that will contain the CIMC and adapter logs of the servers).  I would be helpful for the TAC case if you have OS logs, or screen shots of the errors you saw as well.

If your ESXi host OS froze up, the various veth/vHBAs will also show as down (vif down alerts) from UCSM, but they won't indicate a UCS error, only that the underlying host OS is no longer bringing up the circuits from the OS level.

Kirk...

rmorford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Also I would refrain from posting your unfiltered or scrubbed UCS logs on the communities pages.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card