cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Manager Error Opening KVM Console After Java Upgrade

snowmizer
Level 1
Level 1

After the upgrading Java to version 1.7_21 I tried to access the KVM console from inside UCS Manager (v2.1(1d)) and am getting the error:

"Cannot run program "C:\\Program": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I have tried deleting the installed applications and applets as well as temporary files from inside the Java console but that doesn't resolve the problem. We also tried launching the KVM console from the KVM Manager and that works fine. Everything works fine when running Java 1.7_17.

Has anyone else experienced this issue since upgrading to 1.7_21?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dchosnek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the meantime, you can install Java in a directory path that has no spaces to work around the issue. For example:c:\Java\jre7

This will give you KVM access again.

View solution in original post

To workaround the bug, and not to reinstall java, use the "KVM launcher manager" instead of the "UCS manager".

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

varbalak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is an issue with respect to latest release from Java. The fix has been committed to Delmar MR1 release and mostly get fixed in Delmar patch as well. We have raised a bug on Java on the same but we can't assure you that they would fix the issue in the next release. As snowmizer mentioned customers can use KVM Launch Manager or avoid latest update from Java (but I think most customers will update to latest Java because of its importance).

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks for the reply. We'll continue to test as new Java versions come out. Do you have any idea when teh Delmar patch or MR1 will be available?

Sorry I do not have that information with me.

dchosnek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the meantime, you can install Java in a directory path that has no spaces to work around the issue. For example:c:\Java\jre7

This will give you KVM access again.

Worked great. Thanks dchosnek.

To workaround the bug, and not to reinstall java, use the "KVM launcher manager" instead of the "UCS manager".

I also found that installing Java in a directory path with no spaces works around the issue and the KVM can be launched within UCS Manager.  I would extend this to say install the 64-bit Java in c:\Java\jre7 and if necessary install the 32-bit version in c:\JavaX86\jre7.

chmerkel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI, I just updated to the latest Java version (v7u25) and this problem seems to have gone away.  I have not tried it on multiple systems yet to verify if it is a large scale fix.  So, if it works for you please share!

i just confirmed that this is still broken in the latest/current java Version 7 Update 25

so it is not fixed yet.

waiting for a fix for this expensive 'enterprise class' solution...

the above broken bug report applies to the current/latest version of UCS:

Cisco UCS Manager - 2.1(1a)

Since I installed Java to a path without spaces I haven't had any issues and we're running UCS Manager 2.1(1d).

Deepak Bansal
Level 1
Level 1

Take KVM manager console

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: