Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM Firmware clean-up.

Good Morning,

Lately we upgraded our UCSM farm to FW 3.2(2b). This work super great of course.  we notice a few new errors that puzzled us for a while "Disk usage for partition WHBP35464 bootflash exceeded 70% ", So we figured out that was caused by all the Firmwares we implanted during the last 3 years and that are still lingering in the boot partition, we can see them in Equipment/Firmware Management/Packages. 

So my questions are:

what can we get rid of safely?

old Catalogue files?

once implemented do we need to keep the Infrastructure Bundle?

B/C series if they are not used do we need them?

also is there a UCS central function or cleanup task for this...

Thanks

Stephane.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by getting rid of old A (infrastructure) bundles. You are safe to delete any A bundles that you are not using. You may keep a stable older version in case for whatever reason to decide to roll back. Otherwise, no need to have multiple A bundles.

You can get rid of C-bundles if you do not have C-series. 

Otherwise, I would start by getting rid of the oldest packages first, provided they are no longer in use. If you accidentally delete a package that is in use, just be sure to re-upload it immediately. This will not cause an immediate reboot, however, you will get a lot of faults for missing images.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Correct, the latest catalog will contain all images from previous catalogs. These typically don't take up too much space, but definitely are safe to delete.

Thanks that is very useful information's.

I will proceed with my clean-up activities.

TX.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by getting rid of old A (infrastructure) bundles. You are safe to delete any A bundles that you are not using. You may keep a stable older version in case for whatever reason to decide to roll back. Otherwise, no need to have multiple A bundles.

You can get rid of C-bundles if you do not have C-series. 

Otherwise, I would start by getting rid of the oldest packages first, provided they are no longer in use. If you accidentally delete a package that is in use, just be sure to re-upload it immediately. This will not cause an immediate reboot, however, you will get a lot of faults for missing images.

Good Luck.

What about catalogue? Can I keep only the last one?

Thanks
Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI

Correct, the latest catalog will contain all images from previous catalogs. These typically don't take up too much space, but definitely are safe to delete.

Thanks that is very useful information's.

I will proceed with my clean-up activities.

TX.

Stephane Beausoleil

virtualisation architect

CGI
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card