cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Media Problem

Shea Lambert
Level 1
Level 1

I have a B230-M2 that is going to be SAN booted to a VNX with an MDS 9148 in between.  The vHBA's are seen all the way through to the Array, but when I go to boot via the CD/DVD Virtual Media nothing comings up.  The server goes straight to: Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Bood Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

I've mapped it with a copy a Win2k8R2 ISO on my PC.

Any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Shea,

couple of things to check here:

* Can you confirm the boot order has the CD drive as the first boot device? You can paste the screen capture of the boot order from the service profile here.

* What is the OS of the client from where you are launching the KVM / mounting the vmedia?

* Once you mount the iso using the vmedia - can you check if the data is being read from the iso?

./Abhinav

The Client is a Windows 7 64 VM.

Below you can see the the media is being read and you can also see the SAN-boot policy in use.

Thanks,

Shea Lambert
Level 1
Level 1

Everything looks correct to me but it doesn't work.  Are there any special settings that have to be made.  I've never had problems with this in the past.

Shea,

When installing Windows you should only be presenting a single path to your array.  Please try and remove the Secondary path, map the ISO, and re-test.

Regards,

Robert

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card