cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Groups

goapps.us
Level 1
Level 1

I have a disjointed L2 network and I've been using the VLAN manager to shape my L2 traffic to the correct egress. This works well, but I need to create approximately 100 vlans. If you are familiar with process, you know that this will result in a lot of manual configuration in UCSM. 

I've been reading about VLAN groups and I think that using them could be a great time saver in my case. 

Can anyone confirm if the vlan groups is a good case use my setup? If yes, what is the best method to transition from using the vlan manager to using groups. 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, of course !

VLAN groups allow you to group VLANs on Ethernet uplink ports, by function or by VLANs that belong to a specific network. You can define VLAN membership and apply the membership to multiple Ethernet uplink ports on the fabric interconnect.

You may use power shell script to setup the 100+ vlans.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, of course !

VLAN groups allow you to group VLANs on Ethernet uplink ports, by function or by VLANs that belong to a specific network. You can define VLAN membership and apply the membership to multiple Ethernet uplink ports on the fabric interconnect.

You may use power shell script to setup the 100+ vlans.

goapps.us
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Walter... 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card