cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANs in UCS Central

mdrudge
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using UCS Central 2.0, and have a new 6324 domain that we're setting up for a lab.  It resides in our data center, and I'd like to use some VLANs that we have already provisioned from the network side.  We have VLANs defined in root that are used by our production domain, and I would like to configure new VLANs with the same VLAN ID just to present to our new lab.  Is it an issue to have the same VLAN ID (but different name) defined in root and in a domain, or am I just being a worrywart?  I want to be more than sure that there will not be disruption in our production environment, but I have some doubts in my mind.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as they do not interconnect, they are in different domain. you can same VLANs.

If you want new Servers to be in part of the existing domain, you can use same VLAN extend to your Server with unused IP address for the Servers in the VLAN, Looking at security point of view what you doing.

make sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as they do not interconnect, they are in different domain. you can same VLANs.

If you want new Servers to be in part of the existing domain, you can use same VLAN extend to your Server with unused IP address for the Servers in the VLAN, Looking at security point of view what you doing.

make sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card