cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C240 M5 | VIC1457 -> Port Channel with 2232PP FEX?

itm.i11.team
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my network uplink from 10G to 20G with the following setup:

- UCS C240 M5 with VIC1457 (UCS Firmware 4.1(3h))

- VIC1457 Port 1 connected with 10G to FEX A (Cisco Nexus 2232PP) and Port 3 with 10G to FEX B (also 2232PP)

- FEX A and FEX B are connected via 4 x 10G connections to two 6454 Fabric Interconnects

As far as I understand this document I do not need to change any settings if I would like to double from 10G to 20G for the server. I just need to connect 2 additional 10G connections via Port 2 (to FEX A) and Port 4 (to FEX B).

That is what I tried and afterwards did a Re-Acknowledge, a Re-Commission...but without success. The UCS Manager is still showing only 2 connections and Port 2 and 4 has a link down on the FEX ports.

I understand that the setup in the document is slightly different as there are no 2232PP between the server an the Fabric Interconnects. But does this make any difference? Is there a way to get 20G with my setup?

Regards

Martin

1 Reply 1

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should work based on the documentation. What model fabric interconnect? What SFP type?

Any possibility to re-ack the FEX after adding the connection as a test?

Otherwise, I would open a TAC case to investigate. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card