Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco Custom ESXi 6.5 ISO

Anyone knows when Cisco will update their custom iso image of ESXi 6.5? Vsphere 6.5 GA was released today.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

I would expect to see it around 4-5 weeks.

Just a rough estimate, but that's what I think previous releases have run.

Some of the time involves VMware approving/QAing it themselves.

Thanks,

Kirk..

Highlighted
Enthusiast

It was released on Dec 9 and is available on the vmware site.

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI65-CISCO&productId=615

Highlighted

Yeah I saw it on their website. 

Highlighted
Beginner

Have updated our UCS C240-M3S to ESXi 6.5.0d using the custom Cisco image from myVMware, how do we go about getting the following two updates applied to our system(s):  ESXi 6.5 U1 Express Patch 4 (2017-10-05) 6765664 & ESXi 6.5 U1 (2017-07-27) 5969303

Thanks you kindly!

#1 mage.
Highlighted

Not sure you’ll be able to download for a couple more weeks.

Highlighted

Highlighted

Thanks, mister Rick! Wonderful resource (as well a some other great articles on TinkerTry). We actually went through that the other evening, but no luck with the custom Cisco image downloaded directly from VMware's site that we're using: Vmware-ESXi-6.5d.0-5310538-Custom-Cisco-6.5.0.3 (CISCO)
Will continue to try and be patient for an official patch/release from the vendor.
#1 mage.
Highlighted

Highlighted

Hi

Can you please help me to upgrade VMware 6.5.

We have similar UCS hardware: UCS C240 M3S with VMware 5.1

Anwar Ahmed

Highlighted

Anwar, I'm sorry that's a big jump from 5.1 to 6.5 -- i think you're going to have to do a fresh install. Do you have a stand-alone host? I would backup your VMs and install 6.5 (or 6.7) with a fresh start. Someone else who is a LOT more knowledgeable than myself may be able to assist. My apologies, i know nothing.

If you can upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5 you *MAY* be able to use vCenter to perform the rest of the upgrade, but I don't think you can make an easy transition from where you are at using the one-liner upgrade that I was able to perform. Best of luck, please let us know how you make out!

EDIT:  I found this link, it may be of some use to you --> http://www.provirtualzone.com/vmware-how-to-upgrade-to-esxi-6-x-using-vmware-update-manager/

Or perhaps this (i believe it's for 5.5, but should be similar process):  https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/18819/HOW-TO-Upgrade-VMware-ESXi-5-5-to-ESXi-6-0-in-5-easy-steps.html

#1 mage.
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Highlighted

Hello There.

I am looking for 6.5U1 build 5969303 for Cisco UCS E180D-M3.

VmWare does not have it on their website and i cannot find any UCS esxi images on cisco's website except for HyperFlex images which i do not have access to download.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Highlighted

Thanks you kindly, @Kirk J -- once I'm able to finally upgrade the BIOS and CIMC firmware to latest version 3.0(4j) I'll be giving this a go. Downloading it now so I'll have a flash drive created as bootable media.
#1 mage.
Content for Community-Ad