cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reducing UCS Chassis IOM to Fabric Interconnect Physical Connections - Discovery

CiscoMedMed
Level 1
Level 1

I am moving two chassis and a pair of fabric interconnects from one data center to another. When I 
turn up the FI's and chassis on the new network I want to use just 2 ports from IOM A and 2 ports from IOM B instead of the 4 ports each that they had in the previous DC. (I'll be adding more chassis later and the 80Gbps is far excessive provisioning for traffic flows observed in the last year. 10Gbps is a max peak seen rarely.) When I turn up the chassis will a new discovery happen to accommodate the new physical cabling? Is there anything I need to consider since the FI's were previously configured for the 8x10Gbps per chassis?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this will be discovering the chassis for the first time, there is nothing you need to do, but confirm your chassis discovery policy is set to at least 1 link and change the ports on the FI that you are NOT going to use from Server > Unconfigured. I would also recommend using port-channel between IOM and FI in order to be in line with the best practices for UCSM.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this will be discovering the chassis for the first time, there is nothing you need to do, but confirm your chassis discovery policy is set to at least 1 link and change the ports on the FI that you are NOT going to use from Server > Unconfigured. I would also recommend using port-channel between IOM and FI in order to be in line with the best practices for UCSM.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card