Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS boot from SAN new SAN

Sgiesbrecht
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I currently have 3 UCS chassis and all blades are currently configured to boot from SAN. this is all currently running perfectly, now I am changing out my san and I need to continue booting from san. Once I move the boot disks over to the new san and have each server zoned to the new SAN, and present the boot disk to the blade can I just restart the server or do I have to change the boot policy on each server? I ask because it looks like the boot policy references the WWN of the current SAN for each HBA. I have included an image of a boot policy including the start of a WWN. this is the WWN I'm referring to. I'm not sure if this was populated when the server booted or if the previous admin put in these WWN.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mojafri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Sgiesbrecht,

You just have to change the Target WWN with 'new' WWN for your storage and reboot the server making sure zoning is correct.

If this policy is in used by another servers you don't have to update it on every server considering you are using 'updating' SP Template so that it can get reflected on all 3 servers service-profile. 

Just click- "Show policy usage" to view the usage. 

image.png

Rate if you find it helpful. 

Regards,

MJ

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mojafri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Sgiesbrecht,

You just have to change the Target WWN with 'new' WWN for your storage and reboot the server making sure zoning is correct.

If this policy is in used by another servers you don't have to update it on every server considering you are using 'updating' SP Template so that it can get reflected on all 3 servers service-profile. 

Just click- "Show policy usage" to view the usage. 

image.png

Rate if you find it helpful. 

Regards,

MJ

I didn't realize double clicking the WWN would allow me to change it. this makes it easy.

thanks,

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card