cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route a call from a user to group instead of VM (UC560)

mSumo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to route a call to a specific extension (XX) the way that if it rings 5 times, it does not go to its VM but instead it rings another group of extensions. I just could not find about how to change it from VM to a group... similarly like I can do it when call is received on a main line that goes to Blast Group or Auto Attendant, etc 

is the above possible to be configured directly for extension?

PS: I'm not a voice expert and I'm using "Cisco Configuration Assistant" to deal with this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mSumo
Level 1
Level 1

I've found that I can configure it directly under the extension - where I've found "Call fwd busy; Call fwd No Answer"..... I've used Blast Group extension and it works fine.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scenario 1: The number that the call should be forwarded to is a shared line on several phones:

• Set the Call Forward No Answer (internal and external) to the shared line extension and configure a calling search space for that DN. Be sure not to check the box for forward to voicemail.

Scenario 2: The phones that the call should roll to do not have a shared line:

• Create a Hunt Pilot/Hunt List/Line Group with the line group distribution algorithm "Broadcast" and add the DNs that should be rung to the Line Group. Then set the call forward no answer setting on the original DN to the hunt pilot number, making sure to also set a calling search space that can reach the hunt pilot partition.

Maren

mSumo
Level 1
Level 1

I've found that I can configure it directly under the extension - where I've found "Call fwd busy; Call fwd No Answer"..... I've used Blast Group extension and it works fine.

Thanks