Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 Link and Leased Line

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Professional,

My existing customer wants to use the existing leased lines as a backup and use the new 4 E1 lines (bundled) as an active links to their current VOIP network.

Any suggestion and sample config is a big help and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can make use of the below link in getting MLPP configuration started...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a5efa.shtml

If you still want to have LFI between your locations you can also configure the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800b75d2.html

regds

Hi,

Thanks for the links, for the E1 bundling is quiet clear for me. But what can I do to the existing leased line please be more specific and a sample config will be appreciated.

Regards.

Hi

If you want to make use of them as backup for the primary multilink bundle you can make use of that.

Pls be more specific on your exact requirement with present leased lines and with the new leased lines..

regds

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Currently, my customer has an existing VOIP network. They have around 22 different sites and connected via leased lines. In the main sites, they have 2 3660 routers and the 22 remote sites are distributed to these routers accordingly for load balancing. The routing protocol they are using is OSPF.

Since they requirements are increasing they decided to expands and upgrade the existing 3660 routers to 7609 router, while the existing leased lines will upgrdae to E1 links, some of the sites with low requirements will use the same links and those sites with higher demands will upgrade to E1, but the customer are insisting to keep the existing leased lines as backup and the new E1 links as the active.

Thank you and regards