cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PGW switchover configuration

dragos.stroescu
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems getting two PGW's, master and slave, into sync, to create a redundant MGC.

The master operates correctly with all the gateways but I am not able to synchronize the master and the standby.

I have applied all changes into XEfgParms.dat to both machines but as soon as the standby gets up, the master gets OOS in minutes (rtrv-ne = platform state->OOS).

I just need some info about the standby machine like:

- is there any configuration that should be applied to standby before syncing it to master?

- is that something ELSE that should be done OTHER than making the machines aware of redundancy by configuring the appropriate parameters into XEfgParms.dat?

I will appreciate a feedback!

4 Replies 4

kzeeshan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Attached is a doc that worked in the lab. I am not sure what release are u running but these parameters were tested in older releases.

What else to check?

1.Check the pom.datasync at startup

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/products/prov_sync.html#debug_pom

If the pom.datasync=true doesn't work then try setting it to false.

If nothing works.. then logs could shed some more light on this issue.

Thanks for the doc.

I was already reading similar document on pom.datasync...

Hope I will find the issue.

Thanks

And one more:

pom.datasync=false on the master? slave? both?

The docs says master=false and slave=true at the startup and then, when all OK -> both to true.

You can set to false if you don't want the slave to retrieve active config from the Master, then you can set to true on both... This is advisable in production systems. .

Hope this helps.